Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mom, I think I can't make it to school.

"Can't make it to school." is the most dreaded phrase around my house. I know how much my kids love school. When one of them says they cannot go to school they are badly sick or really hurt.
Early this morning my darling boy, Aaron lumbered down the hall to say how miserable he was feeling then proceeded to dash back down the hall to show me how sick he really was. Making a makeshift cot on the floor by my bed we both tried to go back to sleep. Libby had gotten up early too and now snuggled up in bed since my husband was still at work. Funny how quickly a room can fill up when they know daddy won't be home for a couple more hours.
An hour later it was time for school. I woke Libby to tell her to get ready for school. Aaron popped his head from his pillow to say "Mom I don't think I can make it to school." I told I already knew and how sorry I was he was going to have to miss school.
He let me read him a book today. I shared one of my favorites from when I was a kid, Ramona. I savor these times not that he is sick but that I take the day for just him. It doesn't happen often enough. I may have to come up with ways to spend time one on one with my little man.
The same longing comes from our Heavenly Father to have more one on one time with us. I know I need more of that too. If I don't get enough time with God, I feel worn down, worn out and just down right miserable. I think I need some of that godly medicine from my Lord talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment