Friday, January 29, 2010

Don't you just hate it when you are wrong? You think you are justified in your answers. Indignant that someone would question your character. Then you have a minute to sit and reflect and the Lord starts revealing to you how you should have reacted.

It recently happened to me. I was confronted on an issue ten minutes before my son's birthday party started. I blew up at the relative who had tried to ask the question kindly. I felt justified. I knew I was right and how dare they walk in and question my motives.

You have to love your family! For the most part they are the ones that when you are feeling proud of yourself and a little haughty will bring you right back down to Earth and remind you of why we do this in the first place.

I didn't want to hurt their feelings but I did. I didn't want to get upset and have to take that extra minute to calm down but I did. I didn't want to go back to that person say that I was wrong but I did.

Even if my words were justified, when I meant every word, does that mean I am right to use the wrong tone and get upset with the one asking? Is that how I want to treat others? Is that how I have been taught to treat others? No!

Jesus gave us the command in Luke 10:27 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

I know that I will always have some issue that I will have to go back and ask forgiveness for because it is human nature to be sinful. Jesus was the only perfect being and as I grow closer to Him it is easier to know when I have to go back to someone. Easier to not have the reaction sometimes. Easier to love those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment