Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Thankfulness

The Christmas decorations are up at our house at least on the inside. My husband made the comment that it looked as if a Christmas tornado blew through here. I am usually stressed at this time of year. My husband works in retail and is busier than ever.

I was so inspired by all of the joy that thankfulness brought during Thanksgiving this year that I am going to be more grateful for those things around me between now and Christmas and I have a feeling that it may just work so well that I carry on til the new year.

Today I am grateful that my house smells of Christmas. Not the smell of cookies baking but of the candles that are placed about with the fun votives I have been given over the years. Makes me think of the spices that the wise men brought to my Savior after He was born.

Thank you Lord Jesus for being the reason of this season and showing your love to all mankind through your sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment